Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Plastic bottles in daily use

Around two million plastic bottles are bought every five minutes all over the world. 

At the bottom of the bottle, you will find a triangle with a number, which can be anywhere from one to seven. With the symbol you see, you can tell whether the plastic you hold is safe or not.

Number 1
Known as PET or PETE, the bottle with this number means that it should only be used once. This is because reusing them can expose people to a chemical substance called EPA. The plastic could possibly emit antimony, which is a heavy metal that can interfere with the hormones in the body. It is also possible that the plastic is carcinogenic.

Number 2
If you find a triangle with the number “2” in it, the bottle is known as HDPE or HDP, which is considered the good plastic. It is named so because it doesn’t have as much emission as the other types of chemicals used in the other bottles when in contact with water.

Number 3
Also labeled as V or PVC, the number 3 in the bottle means that it has two toxic chemicals that can both influence the hormones in the body. Still, PVC is the most used type of plastic around.

Number 4
LDPE plastics have the number 4, which means they don’t emit chemicals when used in water bottles. However, most of them are actually present in plastic bags.

Number 5
PP or number 5 plastics are also good types of plastics. They are recognizable because of their white color. Sometimes, they are transparent. PP plastics are common in cups of yogurt and syrup bottles.

Number 6
Although this emits STIREN, which is carcinogenic, this plastic is used in fast food packaging as well as in coffee cups.

Number 7
Finally, plastics with no labels are in this category where they are known as PC. You should not trust plastics without labels because they often emit BPA, which is a very harmful chemical. Unfortunately, PC plastics are common in containers for food, sports drink bottles, and worse, infant bottles.

If your bottle has 2, 4, or 5, you shouldn’t really worry. However, if it is labeled, 1, 3, 6, or 7, you are exposing yourself to the dangerous chemicals that these plastics emit.


10 comments:

  1. Career Launcher Online Courses for Entrance Exams
    Career Launcher focuses on diverse segments of education across the learners of multiple age-groups. It is led by a team of highly qualified professionals, including IIT-IIM alumni, with a passion for excellence in education, and has been focusing on shaping the lives and careers of many students since 1995. Our Institute is one of the best centre for preparing MBA and LAW entrance Exams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly agree with just what you said. Your explanation was certainly the simplest to comprehend. I tell you, I usually get annoyed any time folks discuss issues that these people obviously dont know about. You were able to hit the nail on the head and spelled out the whole thing with out complication. Perhaps, folks could take a signal. Will likely be back to obtain more. Appreciate it
    I'm having a small issue I cannot make my reader pick up your rss feed, I'm using google reader by the way.
    obst und gemüsereiniger

    ReplyDelete
  3. now in my rss reader)))scholarships for single moms
    Tremendous article, numerous good quality information. I am about to show my pals and ask them what they think.
    get to 500 error page, and have to do the post twice. The harder I work the luckier I get. Samuel Goldwyn 1882 1974 Poor Credit Home Loan and Oxford Distance Learning

    Brother Ink Cartridges

    ReplyDelete
  4. and the marketplace of ideas onthe internet.
    Enjoyable post I tend to be of the same mind with most of what you wrote. I would love to see more posts on this. I will bookmark and come back.
    Thank you so much. Its very nice. I like it.:D
    600 high authority UK directory submission and 400 search engine submission

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would to see this on the ps3 and its so addicting played since july and im still not bored with it
    How did you make your blog look this awesome!? Email me if you can and share your wisdom. Id be thankful!
    shopbymark

    ReplyDelete
  6. et me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! Anyway, in my language, there should not much good source like this.
    Really good stuff, this helped me in my project. PS. Can you suggest me some stuff on Government Student Loan ? Im still a newbie with this
    Hello, I saw a 3 of your attention-grabbing posted posts and wished to ask if you happen to would be concerned with reciprocal pages? Team have blog about alexis texas aSarah Berger

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you care if I post part of this on my webpage if I post a link back to this site?
    Zune and iPod: Most people compare the Zune to the Touch, but after seeing how slim and surprisingly small and light it is, I consider it to be a rather unique hybrid sodium hypochlorite amazon
    china air purifier
    korean air purifier brands

    ReplyDelete
  8. quite a bit smaller and lighter. It weighs about 2/3 as much, and is noticeably smaller in width and height, while being just a hair thicker.
    The Awards Ceremony will take place at 7:30 pm, Friday, January 9 at the Herbst Theater in San Francisco. Its an elegant, old world theater with 900 seats that will amazon hydrogen water
    consumer reports hepa air purifier
    rensair air purifiers cost

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think one of your advertisings caused my browser to resize, you might want to put that on your blacklist.
    Aw, this was a really quality post. In theory Id like to write like this too taking time and real effort to make a good article but what can I say I procrastinate alot and never seem to get something done.
    When I view your RSS feed it seems to be a ton of trash, is the deal on my side?
    shopbymark

    ReplyDelete
  10. Career Launcher Ahmedabad is the Western India dominion of Career Launcher Pvt Ltd, touching almost every corner of India. Our greatest achievement is the standardization of academic delivery that spans through the country. CL is the most technologically advanced among all other institutes with a dedicated pan-India content creative team.cat coaching classes in ahemdabad|mba coaching centre near me

    ReplyDelete